[tabi] Re: Fwd: [awannouncements] ACCESSIBLE WORLD TEKTALK FEATURE MIKE MAY, PRESIDENT, THE SENDERO GROUP, THE SEEING EYE SENDERO IPHONE APP, MONDAY AUG. 5, 2013, 8 PM EDT, THE PAT PRICE ROOM: WWW.ACCESSIBLEWORLD.ORG

  • From: Matthew Presnell <matt.from.florida@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2013 12:48:26 -0400

Well, I personally think it is over priced not because it cost to much
if it was a single payment only but because it is a recurring cost! 69
bucks a year to me is making the app not worth it ! There is a good
many apps for both IOS and Android that is just as good but not the
cost! on the Android side at least one GPS made by APH called
NearbyExplorer is very good and it is only a one time cost at 99
bucks! Then there is Blind Square which is very good and is only 20
bucks for the IOS side aand a couple more as well and one that I like
and have is Navigon which is not as accessible as some of the others
but does a good job.  I think if they had did a one time fee then lots
more people would have jumped on the banwaggon but I think the
recurring cost will scare a lots of people off. But below is some good
podcast links that I think will help people make up their minds if the
Sendero app is right for them or one of the other ones! JMT and enjoy
podcasts below!

http://www.blind-geek-zone.net/wp-content/uploads/gravity_forms/3-98839556b66feeea5fbbaaad6c392a4c/2013/07/Darren-Duff-Seeing-Eye-GPS.mp3

http://www.blind-geek-zone.net/wp-content/uploads/gravity_forms/3-98839556b66feeea5fbbaaad6c392a4c/2013/07/comparing-nearby-explorer-and-seeing-eye-gps.mp3

http://www.blind-geek-zone.net/wp-content/uploads/gravity_forms/3-98839556b66feeea5fbbaaad6c392a4c/2013/07/BlindSquare-GPS-Walking-Demo.mp3http://www.blind-geek-zone.net/wp-content/uploads/gravity_forms/3-98839556b66feeea5fbbaaad6c392a4c/2013/07/BlindSquare-GPS-Walking-Demo.mp3

http://www.blind-geek-zone.net/wp-content/uploads/gravity_forms/3-98839556b66feeea5fbbaaad6c392a4c/2013/07/comparing-ios-gps-apps.mp3

Matt
matt.from.florida@xxxxxxxxx