[tabi] Fwd: FW: Prescription Drug Risks

  • From: Lighthouse of the Big Bend <lighthousebigbend@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tabi <tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2011 09:00:29 -0400

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Carl R. Augusto <mailto:carlraugusto@xxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, October 18, 2011 10:16 AM
 American Foundation for the Blind

Each day millions of people with vision loss put their lives -- and the
lives of those they care for - at risk because they can't accurately read
labels on prescription medications.

Shockingly, there are no federal guidelines to ensure that retail pharmacies
provide drug information that is accessible to people with vision loss.

Being able to read a prescription drug label isn't a convenience - it's a
matter of life and death.

That's why AFB staff are mobilizing on Capitol Hill, meeting with
legislators, fighting to give everyone with visual impairments access to the
same information - from dosing instructions to precautions - as everyone
else.

But we can't do this alone -- we need as many voices as possible to be heard
loud and clear.

Please take one minute to complete a simple petition (
<http://www.afb.org/Section.asp?Mode=Survey&SurveyID=145> click here) that
we'll forward to your congressional representative.

What you can't see can hurt you.

Sincerely,

Carl Augusto

President & CEO

For more information on this issue please visit:
<http://www.afb.org/Section.asp?SectionID=3&TopicID=329&DocumentID=3630>
http://www.afb.org/Section.asp? SectionID=3&TopicID=329&DocumentID=3630

--
Lighthouse of the Big Bend