[tabi] Fwd: Excitement! Agency Makeover for the Lighthouse's Blind Babies Classroom tomorrow, 2/18!

  • From: Lighthouse of the Big Bend <lighthousebigbend@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tabi <tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, fcb-l <fcb-l@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2012 13:29:12 -0500

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Dear Friends of the Lighthouse,

We are very excited to share that tomorrow, 2/18, the Lighthouse will be
getting an ‘Agency Makeover’ for our Blind Babies Classroom!!! From the
United Way press release:

United Way poised to team up with young leaders, volunteers for
5th Annual ‘Extreme Makeover: Agency Edition’

What:    United Way of the Big Bend’s (UWBB) Young Philanthropists
Circle (YPC) is proud to announce its 5th Annual
Extreme Makeover: Agency Edition will be on Saturday, February 18. This
year’s teams will include YPC, FSU Student United Way, and Access
Tallahassee. The teams will work at four of UWBB’s agencies to engage
in improvement projects, which will include painting, room
design/décor, landscaping, and basic renovations.

Who:    YPC volunteers, Access Tallahassee volunteers, FSU Student United
Way volunteers, UWBB staff, and YOU!

When/Where:  Saturday, Feb. 18, 10 am to 1 pm

Lighthouse of the Big Bend – 3071 Highland Oaks Terrace, Tallahassee
*         Access Tallahassee will give the early intervention “Blind Babies”
Room a makeover

ECHO Outreach Ministries – 702 W. Madison St., Tallahassee
*         FSU Student United Way members will give their lobby a makeover

 Brehon Institute for Family Services – 1315 Linda Ann Dr., Tallahassee
*         FSU Student Athletes will give a fresh new look to the rooms that
house expectant mothers

Kids Incorporated of the Big Bend – 1376 SW Grand St., Greenville
(Madison County)

Background:
“Using the principle idea from the television show ‘Extreme Makeover: Home
Edition,’ we started a local program named Extreme Makeover: Agency
Edition,” said YPC Chair Michael Himmel of VanAllen Insurance Agency. “It
gives us a chance to thank the agencies that help make Tallahassee a great
philanthropic community. The employees at these agencies go to work every
day to support and serve others. We can now say thank you for your service
with more than just words.”

Contact
Kelly-Ann Fasano
Campaign Associate – Leadership Giving