[tabi] Re: Fwd: City of Tallahassee News Release - StarMetro Extends Weekday Service

  • From: "Chip and Allie Orange" <acorange@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 May 2013 12:14:23 -0400

Very disappointing not to see Red Hills (which services a great deal of the
state office parks) included in this extended hours.

Chip

From: "City of Tallahassee" <City_of_Tallahassee@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: May 7, 2013, 2:23:00 PM EDT
To: <austin.evans60@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: City of Tallahassee News Release - StarMetro Extends Weekday Service

 <http://www.talgov.com/communications/communicationshome.aspx> City of
Tallahassee News Release

 <http://www.facebook.com/COTNews> COT Facebook  <http://twitter.com/COTNews>
COT Twitter  <http://www.youtube.com/user/WCOT> WCOT YouTube

Communications / City Hall / Tallahassee FL 32301 / 850.891.8533

 COT Star
<http://www.talgov.com/uploads/public/images/communications/images/nrlogo3.gif>
StarMetro Extends Weekday Service

More Opportunities to Travel Later in the Evening - Starting today, many
customers using StarMetro can look forward to more service in the evenings.
Recently, the Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) awarded the transit
agency with a service development grant to extend a majority of its weekday
service until 8 p.m. Currently, StarMetro operates a weekday service that is
comprised of 12 routes that run from 6 a.m. to 7 p.m. and a nighttime service
that consists of six routes that run from 7 to 10 p.m.

"Adding an extra hour of service on the majority of our weekday routes is part
of an ongoing commitment to make StarMetro a convenient and effective way to
move about Tallahassee," said Ivan Maldonado, director of StarMetro. "Our
customers have asked for extended service, and we are pleased to be able to
address that demand."

StarMetro will take a phased-in approach to extending nine of its 12 weekday
routes. Today, the Dogwood
<http://www.talgov.com/starmetro/starmetro-routes-d.aspx>  and San Luis
<http://www.talgov.com/starmetro/starmetro-routes-s.aspx>  routes will begin
running their newly extended schedules with the Forest route running its new
schedule on June 3. The Azalea, Big Bend, Canopy, Evergreen, Gulf and Moss
routes will begin running their new schedules on August 24, just in time for
the new school year. These nine weekday routes were chosen and prioritized due
to their anticipated ridership demands.

'I am proud of StarMetro for their continued efforts to find ways to improve
our transit system,' said City Commissioner Nancy Miller, lead commissioner on
the City's Long Range Planning target issue committee. 'The extension of the
weekday service will prove to be a huge benefit to our students and those who
work later in the evening as they can now be assured that StarMetro will be
there to take them home after their evening classes or shifts.'

For more information about StarMetro services, please call StarMetro's main
office at 891-5200 or visit Talgov.com/starmetro
<http://www.talgov.com/starmetro/> . Other ways to view information include
liking StarMetro's official Facebook page at Facebook.com/starmetrotransit
<http://www.facebook.com/StarMetroTransit>  or following the organization on
Twitter at Twitter.com/ridestarmetro.

Contact: Brian Waterman, StarMetro Planning Manager, 891-5564; or Heather
Teter, Department of Communications, 891-8533

 <http://www.talgov.com>

<http://www.411notify.com/signonact.asp?e=12e75606d6b626762727464662e717170656a6b662e3b60767275686f2d6675626d7435313f686c62686d2d646e6e39>
 Update Account

 <http://www.imarcsgroup.com> Powered By ImarcsGroup.com

<http://nova.imarcsgroup.com/vendor/tracking/kcart.asp?a=16775737139302e6f6e77602f686e6073627466736e766f2f62706c3075666d656e732e757162626c686f6630737360646a2f60746f40753e333932276c3e3432373225713c323231363a>