[tabi] Re: Fwd: City of Tallahassee News Release - Share Your Priorities - Without Leaving Home

  • From: "Sila Miller" <silam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 May 2013 20:29:36 -0400

Too bad I wasn't paying attention to get that number and report too. Thanks!
Sila
      From: "City of Tallahassee" <City_of_Tallahassee@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      Date: May 7, 2013, 2:16:51 PM EDT
      To: <austin.evans60@xxxxxxxxx>
      Subject: City of Tallahassee News Release - Share Your Priorities -
Without Leaving Home

            City of Tallahassee News Release

            Communications / City Hall / Tallahassee FL 32301 / 850.891.8533

            Share Your Priorities - Without Leaving Home

            City's Online Budget Survey Available Until May 31 - Help the City
of Tallahassee develop the proposed Fiscal Year 2014 (FY14) budget without
leaving the comforts of your home or office. The City is seeking additional
input from citizens through an online budget survey. Citizen input, including
the results of the survey, will aid staff in crafting a balanced budget that
addresses the needs of the City's diverse communities, reflects shared
priorities and moves the City toward important goals.

            By completing the brief 14-question survey you can share your
thoughts on a range of topics from what City services you have used in the past
six months to your level of support on a variety of services and programs.
Following the budget questions, there are optional demographic questions. One
survey per person/computer will be accepted through May 31.

            The online survey was developed to compliment feedback garnered
from citizens at the three Community Budget Workshops held around Tallahassee
in April. At these workshops, citizens provided input on items similar to those
on the online survey and participated in a fun Tallahassee Twister game to
learn more about City functions.

            'We have a history of including citizens in the budget process and
have worked this year to make it easy as well as fun,' said Heath Beach,
manager of the City's Office of Budget and Policy. 'From informative games at
our recent budget workshops to this quick and easy survey, we really want to
hear from our customers.'

            Information from the online survey and the public meetings will be
summarized and presented to the City Commission as part of the FY14 budget
process. The results will also be posted to Talgov.com as well as shared on the
City's Facebook and Twitter sites.

            Going through a similar process during the past two years has
provided direct results to participants. Based on feedback offered by citizens,
the City Commission allocated resources to high priorities such as a specific
initiative on small business retention and allocated $25,000 for community
gardens.

            To access the online budget survey, please visit Talgov.com.

            For more information on the City's budget process in general,
please visit Talgov.com or contact the Office of Budget and Policy at 891-8551.

            Contact: Heath Beach, Office of Budget and Policy, 891-8551; or
Michelle Bono, Assistant to the City Manager, 891-8200