[tabi] Re: Fwd: Audible Signals- placement request from WIlliam

  • From: "blindwilly" <blindwilly@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 09:18:20 -0400

Lyn,

You are right. When I asked for streets that needed signals, I was looking for places where busses transfer. I know that there is a written description of the routs, but some don't have it or some may think it is hard to follow. I took that in stride and found the following. On Sam's list there were, now, 41 crossings. With the suggestions that came from the blindness community, there were a lot of duplications and the final list came down to 25 crossings. I have not marked those that are not on bus transfers, but I know there are some. After all the haggling, there is a real effort being made to answer our concerns, but again, nothing is perfect and not everyone is going to be happy.

I sure thank you for your level headed comments and your good attitude. We are making a difference, that is clear just from there willingness to listen to us. Did you hear that they are going to go to the Light House, when it wasn't even on the schedule. That is just one example and we need to complement them for their good efforts so we can keep a good repore.

William

----- Original Message ----- From: "Lynn Evans" <evans-lynn@xxxxxxxxxxx>