[tabi] Fw: script talk update for the tallahassee area

  • From: "Elizabeth S. Bowden" <ebowden@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2012 11:32:47 -0400

----- Original Message -----
From: Elizabeth S. Bowden
Sent: Tuesday, October 16, 2012 11:32 AM
Subject: script talk update for the tallahassee area

One of the most difficult things for visually impaired or blind people to
manage is medications.

Questions we often ask ourselves especially if we can't read prescription
information might be.

What's in the bottle?

how much can I take?

will it interfere with any other medications I am taking?

Envision America has started a pilot program distributing the script talk
talking prescription reader free of charge to blind and visually impaired
individuals.  Currently, you can obtain your prescriptions from Sams, and
wal-mart located on Lagnipape Way (off mahan drive)

You do not need to be a Sams club member to use the Pharmacy.  Once you have
signed up for the program, the store representative will fax a form to Envision
America, and you will be sent the reader.  The store will also take care of
transfer of prescriptions from other stores.

I signed up at the Wal-mart on Oct. 14.  The manager was most helpful and
completed and faxed the form while my husband and I watched.  If necessary, you
can have your prescriptions mailed for convenience.  Tallahassee is a test
city, so please sign up if you can.  The more people who sign up the more
locations we can get.

Contact information:

Wal-mart

4021 Lagniappe Way '

Tallahassee, FL  32310

Phone: (850) 656-7211.

Fax: (850) 656-9101

Contact: Stevan Hoppe or

Stacy Mills

Elizabeth Bowden
Technology Instructor
Lighthouse of the Big Bend
3071 Highland Oaks Ter.
Tallahassee, FL  32301
(850) 942-3658 x. 214
Fax (850) 942-4518
Email
ebowden@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
on the web at
http://www.lighthousebigbend.org
Reminder: DINING IN THE DARK is coming up Sunday, November 4, 5:30-8:30pm, at
UCC! Get your tickets ($60) or table today by visiting
http://www.lighthousebigbend.org .
(You can also get tickets by donating online through Network for Good - just
designate "Dining in the Dark" and we'll mail your tickets!)

Lighthouse of the Big Bend “Guiding People Through Vision Loss”
3071 Highland Oaks Terrace, Tallahassee, FL 32301
(850) 942-3658 - info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx - www.lighthousebigbend.org