[tabi] Re: Fw: [fcb-l] some info on new dbs director

  • From: "Chip and Allie Orange" <acorange@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2013 14:23:27 -0400

Thanks Robert.

To go along with Robert's info, here is the announcement from the interrem
direct of DBS on the hiring of the new permanent director:

Hi DBS - I'm writing to share good news!

After a deliberate and thoughtful search, Commissioner Tony Bennett has
named Robert

Lee Doyle, III, as the Director of the Division of Blind Services (DBS)
within the

Florida Department of Education. He will begin his position with the
division mid-July.

Robert Doyle has served for four years as director of the Division for the
Visually

Impaired within the Department of Human Services in Delaware.  He has 14
years of

experience in human services and education and holds a bachelor's degree in
political

studies and a master's degree in public administration, both from the
University

of Illinois. Among other achievements, he has implemented initiatives that
resulted

in increased successful employment outcomes through the VR program and has
also worked

to expand food service and vending business opportunities through Delaware's
Business

Enterprise program. Robert places a high priority on customer service,
accountability,

and positive relations with consumer groups and other stakeholders. Having
spent

some time with him, I can also share that he actively promotes effective
communication

and collaboration among staff, and is very excited about the opportunity to
work

with all of you on the many positive initiatives underway in this division.

We are fortunate that Robert Doyle will join the Department of Education as
division

director for blind services.  He has a proven track record of promoting the
independence

and successful employment of blind and visually-impaired citizens, and it's
to our

mutual benefit that he is coming to Florida to continue his work in the
Sunshine

State.

Thanks in advance for your warm welcome of him! I'll let you know a
date-certain

when it's available, and in the meantime, we'll keep taking care of business
and

helping our customers set and achieve their goals for academic success,
work, or

independent living.  Enjoy the rest of your week - AMcK

Aleisa C. McKinlay, JD, MA

Interim Director, DOE-Division of Blind Services

  Turlington Bldg, Ste 1114

  325 W. Gaines St

  Tallahassee, FL 32399

  850-245-0356