[tabi] Re: Fw: comments posted on wctv site ref my accident

  • From: "Easy Talk" <Easytalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2013 06:53:46 -0400

Hi Tinetta,

Thanks for your and NFB's endeavors to make people and law enforcement aware of
the white Cane Law.  The more people and organizations that get involved, the
better job we will do.  I think we certainly need to do something at the
intersection of Killearn Center Blvd. and Village Square since 3 violations
resulting in injury have occurred and it is a small intersection where this
should absolutely not happen.  Since Publix moved to there current location
traffic on Village Square has had a major increase with large trucks that
deliver to Publix.  Also there is a bus stop about 20 yards to the left of
where I was hit.  It would have been pretty interesting if the bus had been
stopped to load passengers. Aside from that it would be an easy location for
people who want to participate.

I also think if you have a problem in a certain area, that area needs to be
addressed first since you are more likely to get the message to the people who
are causing the problem.

I am also thinking about getting signs or t shirts that would have a picture of
a policeman and would say
Protect and serve
please enforce the pedestrian safety and White Cane laws of Florida
Or some thing like that.

When I spoke to South Eastern, there was a mention of them giving Sherman a
Medal of Honor, I am not sure if Karen was kidding or serious but if it does
happen a lot of our friends want to have some type of ceremony for him.  I
would like to have the chief of police present the award and if we could get
the press, we just might make a difference in Tallahassee at least.

Robert