[tabi] Fw: TCB meeting with city.

  • From: "Robert Miller" <robertmiller2201@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 May 2014 14:04:54 -0400

----- Original Message -----
From: Robert Miller
To: Waterman, Brian
Sent: Friday, May 02, 2014 2:00 PM
Subject: TCB meeting with city.

Hi Brian,

Ref our phone call a few minutes ago.  I just got off the phone with Mrs.
stokley and advised her on the information you gave basically saying that the
city was going to set up a meeting with TCB to discuss all aspects of problems
with Star Metro.  IN the request that was made to the city by TCB, they
outlined 10 questions they wanted to address pertaining to Dial A Ride and the
non sponsored service.  Since the city has decided to open the meeting to all
problems with Star Metro I have requested Mrs. stokley to open the meeting up
not only to TCB members but to visually impaired citizens and the local NFB
chapter which she is going to request..

Unless some one left a message on Mrs. stokley's home phone to day, she hasn't
been advised of a meeting next week.

Also in the original request TCB outlined certain time lines for responses and
meetings with the city.  You stated that the city was going to meet with TCB
next week,  Mrs. stokley is under the impression the meeting wouldn't occur
until some time next month.  It is apparent that the city didn't read the
request carefully and has decided to broaden the scope much larger than
requested.  If this is the case it isn't fare to other organizations and
individual citizens to be left out of the loop.

I don't think it would  be very productive to address all issues in a single
meeting and am at a loss what this has to do with our original plan to discuss
forming an accessibility action plan.  It also disturbs me that the city would
step in and prevent any meeting to discuss the action plan. Out of the people
who were going to participate in the meeting, only one is a member of TCB and
mainly consisted of blind citizens who are trying to use a non accessible bus
system.  I urge you to pass this message along to who ever advised you to put a
halt to the meeting that was planned for Monday.

Thanks Robert