[tabi] Fw: Re: Next TCB Meeting

  • From: "Robert Miller" <robertmiller2201@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2014 13:39:08 -0400

Hi Chip,

I spoke to Wanda and the meeting will be for the issues and questions about
Dial A Ride and not the fixed bus route system and accessibility to there web
site or schedules.  This is unfortunate since the bus system is the reason Dial
A ride is in the mess it is and there request to meet with the city resulted in
Brian canceling the meeting he recommended. Apparently Star Metro and the City
Manager's office doesn't under stand that there are two issues on the table.  I
was hoping to get the ear of the two city officials that are suppose to be at
the meeting pertaining to the lousy bus system.  Also I don't think many people
from the public will attend since there is very little to no transportation in
Tallahassee after 7 PM. Wanda did say she would give me a chance to express my
concerns so I am going to the meeting.
 What a better way to not hear about transportation problems by not providing
transportation to people who depend on it and don't drive.

I think I am going to just go ahead and file my complaint with the FTA based on
inequality of access to public transportation based on what    part of the city
you live in.  It is ridiculous that certain parts of the city get service more
frequently and some area's have service much later than others.  Does the city
stop fire service or police protection adt different times based on where you
live or the amount of fires or crime in your area.
I also plan to base the complaint on inaccessible drop off locations for wheel
chairs and unsafe conditions for guide dog and cane users.

Thanks for passing along the info from Brian,  I won't hold my breath on that
one since for over two years Star Metro has said they word working on and would
be installing the recording software for the phone system Sila ask for about 4
or 5 years ago, way back when Donna Peacock was there.  I think Owen is correct
about the lying part and that doesn't cost the city any thing until someone
files suit and wins.

Robert