[tabi] Fw: Our neighbors in Haiti

  • From: "Charles Atkins" <catkins@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2010 11:50:36 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: Mark Ferrulo, Progress Florida
To: Charles Atkins
Sent: Wednesday, January 13, 2010 10:55 AM
Subject: Our neighbors in Haiti

      A message from Florida Congressman Kendrick Meek:

      "I am joining with Progress Florida and encouraging Floridians to visit
the Red Cross to aid in the humanitarian relief effort in Haiti. During these
times of natural disaster, our first response is to donate food, clothing, and
blankets to the disaster zone, but this goodwill often causes delays in the
supply chain providing recovery to those in danger.

      By clicking on this link to the Red Cross and making a contribution,
needed financial resources will go directly to the Red Cross who possess the
know-how to quickly provide disaster relief and aid in the recovery effort of
the Haitian people.

      Floridians always come together during times of crisis and natural
disaster, and our neighbors in Haiti need our assistance."

      (Rep. Meek represents the 17th Congressional District of Florida, which
includes Little Haiti. He represents more Haitian Americans than any other
member of Congress.)

      ---

      You can also text 'HAITI' to 90999 to donate $10 to American Red Cross
relief for Haiti. The charge will show up on your next cell phone bill.

      Thank you for helping our neighbors in their most desperate hour of need.