[tabi] Fw: Bennett: New Blind Services Director a Priority

  • From: "Easy Talk" <Easytalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2013 06:19:19 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: Easy Talk
To: fcb-l@xxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, January 22, 2013 6:15 AM
Subject: Bennett: New Blind Services Director a Priority

Bennett: New Blind Services Director a Priority
"It's near the top of my priority list."
Those words are from Florida's new Education Commissioner Tony Bennett about
hiring
a new Blind Services director.
In his first week on the job, Bennett says he met with interim Blind Services
Director
Aleisa McKinlay.
McKinlay is also the Vocational Rehabilitation Services Director.
Both divisions are part of the Department of Education.
Bennett says he's had a short discussion with McKinlay.
"We're very excited about the work we believe she can do," said Bennett. "But
again,
we are sensitive to the fact we want to make sure we have all the components in
place
to make sure all the divisions of the department run smoothly," he said.
McKinlay was named interim director last month.
She took over for Joyce Hildreth.
Hildreth resigned in the wake of a services contract scandal.
One other DOE employee resigned and two others were fired.