Since this is the season for working outdoors I thought I'd pass this interesting tidbit along. I know this isn't specifically blindness related but I know none of us has extra money to throw away if we don't absolutely have to and this can save you something. Scott By the way, this helps for fire ants too. Here is my part to help cut health care cost!!! This information may be something to remember, as this season will soon be here again... It might be wise to carry a penny in your pocket while working in the yard......... BEE STINGS ! A couple of weeks ago, I was stung by a bee while working in the garden. My arm swelled up, so I went to the doctor. The clinic gave me cream and an antihistamine. The next day the swelling was getting progressively worse, so I went to my regular doctor. The arm was Infected and needed an antibiotic.The doctor told me - ' The next time you get stung, put a penny on the bite for 15 minutes'. That night, my niece was stung. I looked at the bite and it had already started to swell.. So, I taped a penny to her arm for 15 minutes. The next morning, there was no sign of a bite. We decided that she just wasn't allergic to the sting. Soon, I was gardening outside. I got stung again, by a hornet on my left hand. I thought, here I go again to the doctor for another antibiotic. I promptly got my money out and taped a penny to my bite then sat and sulked for 15 minutes. The penny took the string out of the bite immediately. No redness, no swelling. Wanted to share this marvelous information in case you experience the same problem. We need to keep a stock of pennies on hand . The doctor said that the copper in the penny counteracts the bite. It definitely works! Please remember and pass this information on to your friends, children, grandchildren, etc.