[tabi] Fw: ACCESSIBLE WORLD PRESENTS CLASSROOM OF THE AIR, MARCH 15, 2011

  • From: "Lynn Evans" <evans-lynn@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2011 22:51:08 -0500

a taxing subject
----- Original Message -----
From: News Wire
To: evans-lynn@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Friday, March 04, 2011 6:26 PM
Subject: ACCESSIBLE WORLD PRESENTS CLASSROOM OF THE AIR, MARCH 15, 2011

ACCESSIBLE WORLD PRESENTS CLASSROOM OF THE AIR, MARCH 15, 2011

NEWS WIRE:

With the April 18th deadline to file your federal income tax return
approaching, we will answer some common questions related to federal income
taxes. Also, we will hopefully have time to take additional questions from the
audience.

Filing-Related Questions
1.  Who must file a return?
2.  Should I file a return even if my income is below the filing requirements?
3.  Is it ever okay not to file a return?
4.  Should I use a paid preparer?
5.  What tax preparation software programs are available and should I use one?
6.  Should I e-file (file my return electronically)?
7.  If I e-file or use an online preparer, should I worry about my personal
information being stolen?
8.  Is it difficult to get an extension of time to file and what are the
requirements?
9.  Does extending my return increase my risk for an audit?

Tax Return Content Questions
1.  Did many of the tax benefits available last year that were reportedly going
to expire get extended?
2.  What are the different types of filing status and does choosing the right
one matter?
3.  What is the difference between a standard tax form and an EZ version?
4.  What are the main categories of income and expense on a tax return?
5.  What is a 1099 form and what do I do with it?
6.  What is basis and should I care about it?
7.  What is the difference between a deduction and a credit?
8.  What is a refundable credit?
9.  What is the difference between the standard deduction and itemized
deductions?
10. Should I itemize deductions?
11. Are any tax benefits available to those with a visual impairment?
12. Can I take a deduction for my guide dog?
13. How does the limitation on certain deductions such as medical expenses
work?
IRS Questions
1.  How does the IRS determine who they audit?
2.  What should I expect if I get audited?
3.  Does the IRS accept payment plans if I'm unable to pay the taxes I owe?
4.  I realized I made a mistake on an old return. How long do I have to file a
correction?
Other Questions
1.  Where can I get reference material if I want to research a tax question?

Bio information

Alan Lemly graduated from the University of Mississippi in 1979 with a Master
of Accountancy degree. He worked all of his professional career in Memphis, TN
at various companies including Arthur Andersen, FedEx, GKN Parts Industries
Corp., and First Tennessee Bank. He received his CPA certification in 1981. The
majority of his career was spent doing corporate income tax work until he
retired on disability from First Tennessee Bank in 2007 due to his vision loss
from macular degeneration. He now co-moderates the bardtalk email list and
website and enjoys participating in many of the AccessibleWorld book discussion
and other web meetings.

Presenter: Alan lemly
E-Mail: walemly@xxxxxxxxx

Group Discussion Leaders
Ruth Ann Acosta,
Email: ruth1244@xxxxxxxxx
Sherry Wells
E-mail: sdwells@xxxxxxxxxx

Date: Tuesday,March 15, 2011

Time: 6:00 PM PDT, 7:00 PM MDT, 8:00 PM CDT, 9:00 PM EDT
         and elsewhere in the world Wednesday 01:00 GMT.

Approximately 15 minutes prior to the event start time; go to the Accessible
World Classroom at:

http://conference321.com/masteradmin/room.asp?id=rs0f1c528bd81b

Or, alternatively,

Select The Accessible World Classroom Room at: www.accessibleworld.org
Enter your first and last names on the sign-in screen.

If you are a first-time user of the Talking Communities online conferencing
software, there is a small, safe software program that you need to download and
then run. A link to the software is available on every entry screen to the
Accessible World rooms.

All online interactive programs are free of charge, and open to anyone
worldwide having an Internet connection, a computer, speakers, and a sound
card. Those with microphones can interact audibly with the presenters and
others in the virtual audience. To speak to us, hold down the control key and
let up to listen. If no microphone is available, you may text chat with the
attendees.

Accessible World uses News Wires, like this one, to inform people of the topic
and times for the many Discussion Groups on Accessible World. The lists are
announce only to keep the traffic to a minimum. You can join the Accessible
World Announce List, the Tek Talk Announce List or the Sports Talk Announce
List by completing the form at: www.accessibleworld.org/mailinglists

Accessible World Contacts:

Robert Acosta, Chair
Accessible World
818-998-0044
Email: boacosta@xxxxxxxxxxx
Web:   www.helpinghands4theblind.org

Marcia Moses, Events Coordinator
Accessible World
734-495-1496
Email: mgmoses@xxxxxxxxxxx

Steve Hoffman, President
Talking Communities
Email: steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The Accessible World, a division of Helping Hands For The Blind, a 501(c)(3)
not-for-profit organization, seeks to educate the general public, the disabled
community and the professionals who serve them by providing highly relevant
information about new products, services, and training opportunities designed
specifically to eliminate geographic and access barriers that adversely affect
them

--
If you no longer wish to receive any more announcements from the Accessible
this link
Forward a Message to Someone:
this link

PNG image