[tabi] Re: FW: Opportunity to speak about Dial A Ride

  • From: "Wanda Stokley" <wandastokley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2015 20:06:35 -0400

Good evening to everyone,

I want to share with you additional information regarding the 4/30/15
meeting.

I received a phone call this morning from Brian Waterman with StarMetro
regarding TCB and others coming to the Tallahassee Advisory Council (TAC) I
believe this is the correct name and we had a very pleasant and informative
conversation. Brian encouraged me to attend the meeting tomorrow evening,
even though the group is not knowledgeable of DAR enough to answer our
questions and so forth. Brian informed me there will be a meeting again next
month at which time the members will have had an opportunity to learn about
DAR and he encourages us to attend this meeting.

I explained to Brian the concerns and issues being brought forward by the
Tallahassee Council of the Blind (TCB) are not just for us, but on behalf of
other citizens who also use DAR and either do not know how or are unable to
advocate for themselves.

Brian reported he is not familiar with all of our concerns and issues and
these will be provided to him so he and the members can do some research and
be better prepared to discuss with the attendees of the May meeting. Brian
assured me the TAC is the appropriate group to address our concerns.

I will be attending the meeting tomorrow evening and will briefly address
the group of our concerns as a prelude to next month's meeting. Concerns
about the fixed route bus system are also handled by TAC in case some of you
would like to attend regarding this.

Hopefully the date, time, and location of the May 2015 TAC meeting will be
available in adequate time for folks to make arrangements to attend.

Thank you to those who have contacted me regarding tomorrow's meeting and
our cause to assist in improving the para transit services for the citizens
of Tallahassee.

Best regards,

Wanda

_____

From: Sally BenjaminSent: Tuesday, April 28, 2015 6:29 PM
Subject: FW: Opportunity to speak about Dial A Ride

Sally Benjamin

866-846-7380

<mailto:volunteer@xxxxxxx> volunteer@xxxxxxx

From: Wanda StokleySent: Monday, April 27, 2015 7:41 PM
To: 'salbenjamin'
Subject: Opportunity to speak about Dial A Ride

The information below about an upcoming meeting is very important for those
of you who would like to address Dial A Ride (DAR) concerns. I was informed
the quarterly Transportation Disadvantaged Board meetings were not the
appropriate place for DAR concerns, but rather the Transit Advisory
Committee meeting. Please do not pass up this opportunity to address
concerns and issues you and others have regarding DAR and the fixed route
system.

Transit Advisory Committee Meeting

April 30, 2015 @ 5:30pm

Main Library

200 West Park Avenue

The meeting usually lasts about an hour and will be held in the second floor
conference room. If the room location changes, the staff at the library's
information desk when you first enter the library should be able to assist
you.

I hope to be joined by many of you. Please come and be heard; let's put
forth an effort on behalf of not just ourselves, but many others from our
community.

Best regards,

Wanda

Wanda L. Stokley