[tabi] Re: FW: Celebrate 19 Years of the ADA, 7/25, 4-6pm @ Am. Legion Hall, 229 Lake Ella Dr.

  • From: "Charles Atkins" <catkins@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Jun 2009 22:26:21 -0400

Chip,

I agree its

ludicrous!
----- Original Message ----- From: "Allison and Chip Orange" <acorange@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, June 27, 2009 8:35 PM
Subject: [tabi] Re: FW: Celebrate 19 Years of the ADA, 7/25, 4-6pm @ Am. Legion Hall, 229 Lake Ella Dr.

I think even though the republican court judges have watered down the
original bill, most employers think there is a lot of powerful law behind
the ADA, and so they do try and follow it; so, things are better than before it was passed. somewhat better, of course like racial prejudice, you've got
a lot of people who do manage not to follow it by concealing their motives
and their actions so they cannot be detected to be violating it.

I'm amazed though when I see places like the Tampa Lighthouse, who just a
few years ago advertised for a job where they said in the ad, essentially,
no blind person could apply!!!  They should know better!!

From: Judith Barrett [mailto:judithbarrett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]

I hope you will join us in celebrating the 19th anniversary of the ADA on
July 25.  We have partnered with StarMetro in an effort to bring
attention
to the need for accessible, available public transportation in our
community.  GET ON THE BUS and come to the American Legion for a
celebration.
Hope to see you there.
Judith A. Barrett
Celebrate 19 Years of the Americans with Disabilities Act on Saturday,
July
25th, 2009 4:00 p.m. to 6:00p.m.
at
The American Legion Hall at Lake Ella (229 Lake Ella Drive) Ability 1st
and
StarMetro invite you to "GET ON THE BUS" with us to Celebrate 19!

Food * Refreshments * Door Prizes
Live Performance by Black Sheep
For more information on the event and bus routes contact: Ability 1st at
575
- 9621 Check out the TABI resource web page at

interface, or by sending an email to the address
tabi-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
he subject.

tabi-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the word "unsubscribe" in the subject.

interface, or by sending an email to the address
tabi-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the word "unsubscribe" in the subject.

"unsubscribe" in the subject.