[tabi] Re: FW: CRTPA Regional Mobility Plan Public Meeting Schedule (9/1 or 9/3)

  • From: "Allison and Chip Orange" <acorange@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 17:37:35 -0400

Thanks William; no, I never mind trying to help.

I think you're suggestion of having graphics and/or maps, charts, etc.
described, is probably the single one she most needed to hear.  I haven't
seen her site, I just mean that often government sites have this kind of
information with no textual descriptions.

the other thing that happens a lot with government sites is that they scan
documents into PDF format, and they don't OCR it, so we've got no hope in
reading it.

Adobe 9 now has OCR built in; or, you can buy a server-based application
from them for OCR'ing a large amount of scanned PDF files (that's what we do
where I work, because we get maybe 350,000 pages a year submitted to us
which we scan and make available on our web site).

thanks.