[tabi] Re: Angler's weekend WITH FDOA

  • From: "Chip Orange" <Corange@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Jun 2009 15:54:23 -0400

Hi Lynn,

an fyi for motion sickness: ginger has been shown to be more effective
at controlling nausea, including that of motion sickness, than the
leading anti-motion-sickness over-the-counter medicine.

One of the meds I take has nausea as a side effect, so I've consumed a
lot of ginger over the past few years.  the best form, if you can get
there to get it, is when it's been made into a chewable toffee-like
candy, sold at Honey-Tree and other natural foods places.  I think the
brand name is  "The Ginger People".

Besides it being better, it has no sleepy side effects like the
medicines can have.

If you're going in a boat, I'd have something along unless you know that
you aren't subject to motion sickness.  Even if it's just ginger soda
(not ordinary ginger-ail, but the kind you can buy at New Leaf or
specialty foods which is made with lots of ginger).

I'd wear shorts if I were you, old shoes you don't mind getting really
dirty, and I'd apply sunscreen every hour (I know that sounds like a
lot, but some governmental agency just came out with a report that says
the claims for water-proof sunscreens just aren't true).

hth,