[tabi] Re: Accessing Google mail

  • From: "Allison and Chip Orange" <acorange@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2010 12:47:31 -0400

Hi Darla,

There's a program you can search for and download, which tells you if your
current hardware is compatible with windows 7.  I'd look for that program
and run it, before buying the upgrade.  with something 5 years old, there's
a reasonable chance you might have some hardware it won't support; better to
know ahead of time.

also, one thing to keep in mind, laptops with windows 7 already installed
are selling in the $700 range; while the upgrade alone is likely to be over
a hundred anyway.  it's worth at least having a look before upgrading the
windows.

and finally, one last point, lack of support doesn't mean it will instantly
stop working.  if you don't want to spend any money at all, just keep on
using it until something finally doesn't work.  I know people still running
windows 9x, and that's exactly what they did out of necessity, and it's
worked ok for them.

hth,