[sysconfig1] XP Problem

  • From: John Posloski <canam@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: Sysconfig1 list <sysconfig1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 17:48:32 -0500

XP with a ATI 3D video card (AGP).

Machine boots up and then locks up. The images are incomplete. When I
tried booting in safe mode with command interface, it hangs for a long
time when loading "alim541.sys". This is a video driver, I believe it is
from XP but I could not find any references to it at the Microsoft Site.
Also the mouse leaves "trails" and then locks as if it is running out of
video memory or something. In the command mode, the text is incomplete
and has colour splotches.
I can't run any diagnostics because everything locks up. Any ideas?

-- Type: text/x-vcard
-- File: canam.vcf
-- Desc: Card for John Posloski