[sysconfig1] Re: Help

  • From: "Burt Philp" <bphilp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Sysconfig1 list" <sysconfig1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2001 10:40:41 -0400

ABOUT LOCK

Lock allows a user to lock a drive, enabling direct disk access for an
application.

Unlock allows a users to unlock a drive, disabling direct disk access for an
application.

The lock command is built into the command.com which means this command is
an internal command and is available in Microsoft Windows 95 and above.

To lock the hard disk drive

  lock x:

  The x represents the letter of the hard disk drive that you wish to lock.
For example if you needed to lock the C: drive type c in the place of x.

  Burt