[sysconfig1] Hard Drives bigger then 32gig

  • From: Nick Diotte <ndiotte@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: System Config Class <sysconfig1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 08:44:05 -0500

I was wondering if any of you guys knew of an issue with Windows2000 and
harddrives bigger then 32gig..

I currently have an 18.4gig SCSI and 45gig SCSI drive in my computer..
Everything was running fine until I added the 45gig drive.  I was forced
to reinstall windows and it seemed to be working until I was going video
editing, and each directory I would make when trying to access it would
tell me the directory is invalid (I could not delete, rename, move
them.) Windows2k doesn't have the normal scandisk that the other windows
do, so I was unable to check for errors that way.  But I did find out
what my problem is.. My FAT32 table keeps becomming corrupt, and when I
tried to format under win2k it said something about 42,000mb was not
supported by fat32.

Basically I want to know is there a way I can keep this drive one solid
partition, and keep fat32 without going to NTFS?

I'm confused on this one.... hope someone can help,

Nick Diotte