[sysconfig1] Re: Boot Error

  • From: "Burt Philp" <bphilp@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sysconfig1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2001 22:02:10 -0500

Mike:

Unless the system changed (was upgraded in some way to cause hardware
incompatibility) recently, you should try replacing the system files with a
new set. Using your Windows boot disk, start the machine and issue the
command (from the A: prompt): SYS C:
The system will respond telling you that the system files were successfully
transferred. This will put a new set of system files on the hard drive.
Remove the startup disk and try rebooting from the hard drive.

If that does not work, it could be more serious. You should check the drive
for errors, but before doing so, play it safe and backup the data on the
drive. After the backup, run Scandisk or another disk utility, like Norton
Disk Doctor.

Good luck,

Burt
---