[sysconfig1] Boot Error

  • From: "Mike" <mideyoung@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sysconfig1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2001 15:02:37 -0500

Hey...  My aunt came to me with a problem and I cant figure out whats going
on.  First I turn the computer on and it comes up with a Boot Failure.  So I
figured the best way to attack it would be to fdisk and clear the master
boot record along with the partion and start over.  First I wanted to check
and see if the hard drive was the cause if the error and if everything was
still on the drive.  I tossed my Win98 Startup disk in and asked to start
with no CD Rom support and I did a dir in dos and the drive still had all
the contents.  Than I rebooted with the disk in and at the selection screen
I soft booted out with ctrl-alt-del and took the disk out and sure enough it
boot right into windows with no trouble.  So now I am wondering why its not
booting up right away.  What should I do to solve this problem?

Thanks
Mike