[swcomputerclub] Re: uploading

  • From: Wayne <walaco@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: swcomputerclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2010 21:24:19 -0500

When programs are un-installed they occasionally leave a shortcut behind.
Right Click on the icon and select Properties--click on "Open File Location"
If it can't find it the program  it probably has been successfully
un-installed.
Check your programs list to make sure your MS Essentials is installed.

MICROSOFT SECURITY ESSENTIALS HOW TO VIDEOS AT:

http://www.microsoft.com/security_essentials/support.aspx?mkt=en-us#mainNav
Windows Live One Care is no longer for sale.
MORE at:
http://onecare.live.com/standard/en-us/activation/oc_eol_guidance.htm
Windows Live™ OneCare® End of Sale Guidance Page
WHAT IS CHANGING FOR WINDOWS LIVE™ ONECARE®?Windows Live OneCare is in the
process of discontinuing sales in all markets. This page is intended to
provide guidance and answer questions for customers as we complete this
process. We will continue to update this guidance page as new information
becomes available.

WHEN WILL ONECARE DISCONTINUE SALES?The sale of Windows Live OneCare retail
boxes was discontinued June 30, 2009. Windows Live OneCare will be removed
from direct online sale October 15, 2009.

HOW LONG CAN I USE MY WINDOWS LIVE ONECARE SUBSCRIPTION?Current OneCare
customers will continue to receive signature updates and support throughout
the duration of their subscriptions to ensure subscribers remain protected
and have ample time to find another security solution for their PC. However,
OneCare will not be updated to run on Windows 7. Customers moving to Windows
7 will need to move to a new security solution and may be eligible for a
refund <http://onecare.live.com/standard/en-us/support/ocfaq.htm>.

WHAT OTHER SECURITY SOLUTIONS ARE THERE?
Microsoft announced that it plans to begin offering Microsoft® Security
Essentials, a new security anti-malware solution, to consumers in the second
half of 2009. The anti-malware solution will provide comprehensive
anti-malware protection from threats including viruses, spyware, rootkits,
Trojans, and other emerging threats in a single lightweight anti-malware
solution. In concert with the ongoing improvements in internet security
offered by Windows Vista®, the forthcoming Windows® 7, and Internet
Explorer® 8, Microsoft believes that this no-cost service will offer the
essential security that consumers need.

Wayne Comstock