[swcomputerclub] Re: Microsoft Lifecam VX 2000

  • From: Wayne <walaco@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: swcomputerclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2010 16:42:04 -0500

XP SP2

FREE DOWNLOAD AT:

www.softwarepatch.com/windows/xpsp2.html

AFTER DOWNLOADING SP2 AND INSTALLING IT, YOU WILL STILL BE GETTING

WINDOWS UPDATES. Make sure to set them on automatic.

 READ BELOW

Wayne Comstock

File Size
272MB

File Name
WindowsXP-KB835935-SP2-ENU.exe

Author/Supplier
Microsoft

[Click here to
Download<http://www.softwarepatch.com/windows/winxpsp2-security.html>
]

Description
The Windows XP Service Pack 2 (XP SP2) fixes a range of bugs in Windows XP.
The file is a large download and can be applied to any version of Windows XP
Home, Professional, TabletPC or Media Center. It doesn't matter what XP
updates you have previously applied to your system, SP2 will update any
unpatched, partially patched or completely updated system (it includes all
previously released patches and updates). If you are going to reinstall the
original release of Windows XP on a PC, it is important that you apply this
Service Pack BEFORE connecting to the Web. Nasty viruses and worms like
Sasser and Blaster can enter an unpatched system as soon as it is connected
to the Web. They come through an open port on your system. You don't even
have to receive email or go to a web site - just being connected is enough.
XP SP2 fixes the security holes so you won't get attacked.

The advantage of this full download is that it can be used on any system -
plus it doesn't require an Internet connection to install. You can download
SP2, burn it to CD and use it on multiple PCs.

Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2) provides enhanced security measures that
will hopefully improve defences against viruses, worms and hackers, along
with increased manageability and an improved experience for users. In
addition to security and bug fixes, it will change many default settings to
improve security, but it may also create some problems:

   - The firewall will be turned on
   - Messenger will be turned off by default
   - Media Bar has been removed from Internet Explorer 6
   - New version: Windows Movie Maker 2.1
   - You can no longer print or print preview a Web page that includes an
   ActiveX object
   - XP SP2 includes a new power-management option for Windows XP. You can
   now use the tool Powercfg.exe to configure power-management settings from
   the command line
   - The new Wireless Network Setup Wizard makes it easier to create a
   security-enabled wireless network and add a new computer or device to an
   existing wireless network
   - When you install SP2, Internet Explorer 6 is updated and includes a new
   security setting, called Binary Behaviors. To view this setting, click
   Tools, click Internet Options, click Security, and then click Custom Level.
   - The Security Center is a new feature in SP2 that tracks and reports
   your computer's security settings and sends you alerts if your settings
   might be putting your computer at risk.
   - Automatic Updates will help improve the security of your computer. By
   default, after you install SP2, these updates are installed automatically
   when you shut down your computer. If the 'Turn off computer' dialog box
   appears, it displays a new security shield icon that gives you the option to
   'Update and Turn Off' your computer. If you choose this option, the
   downloaded updates are installed, and then your computer shuts down.

To download the complete 272MB SP2 for all versions of Windows XP, click the
download link at the top of this page.

Ok

 I admit it .I'm an amateur.

Problem

 I bought a Microsoft lifecam Vx 2000 which was supposedely able to work
with my microsoft XP system, so I could visually Skype with the grandkids.

 Well it didn't work

Then I was told that I had to have a Service Pack 2 add on?? if it was to
work. Is this true and what is SP 2?

I was advised that all I had to do is install the disk program that came
with it, and follow the instructions namely, when prompted plug the webcam
into a USB port.

Well that didn't work because I assume I didn't have SP2 with my XP program

 So have I interpreted the issue correctly???

 Solution ,

Buy SP2 and upload I think???