[swacuho] Upper Division Student Assignment Process

  • From: Victor Manuel Salazar <vsalazar@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <swacuho@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2015 12:07:54 -0500 (CDT)

Good Morning SWACUHO,

At St. Edward's University, we have a freshman live on requirement and as
our freshman class continues to grow every year, they are quickly taking
over the spaces within our residence halls and we are finding it harder to
house our upper division students. Currently, we preference sophomores,
then juniors, seniors and so on after our freshman students are assigned.
We also have a waitlist that we use to assign students as space becomes
available.

However, we are exploring some new options for future processes. One idea
that has been brought up is creating a point system where students can
gain points for program attendance, involvement, grades, etc. and on the
other hand, they can lose points for things like conduct violations.

My question is, do any of your schools use this type of system? Any
information and/or resources that you can share with me would be greatly
appreciated. Thank you in advance!

Victor M. Salazar, Jr., M.Ed.

Associate Director

Office of Residence Life

St. Edward's University

(512) 326-7331

Please do your part to conserve our Hilltopper community and think twice
before printing this e-mail.