[swacuho] Mid-Level Mixology Workshop 2015: Call for Programs

  • From: "Pelton, Kathryne" <kdp014@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'swacuho@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <swacuho@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2015 11:38:52 +0000

GREETINGS, MID-LEVEL SWACUHO!

I wanted to reach out to all the Mid-Level professionals in our region on
behalf of the Mid-Level Committee with the hope that you are as jazzed as we
are for the 2015 Mid-Level Workshop, better known as Mid-Level Mixology! The
exciting overnight format should provide plenty of opportunities for learning,
growth, and establishing (or rekindling) peer relationships. The workshop will
be held June 11 - 12 at the beautiful University of Texas at Dallas campus.

The Committee is planning to have a wide array of program sessions at Mid-Level
Mixology, but we want your help! Our topical areas will continue to build upon
the ACUHO-I Core Competencies. We hope that you will consider putting in a
program proposal based on the Core Competencies. Please take some time to
review the Core Competencies
here<http://www.acuho-i.org/AboutUs/CoreCompetencies/tabid/1087/Default.aspx>.
Connecting your proposal to these competencies will be part of the evaluation
process. While we would love to have a variety of program topics submitted
please keep in mind that during the 2013 Mid-Level Workshop participants
decided upon five competencies that we felt were relevant to all Mid-Level
staff members, regardless of title, institution, or functional areas.  Those
five competencies are:

*         Evaluation and Planning

*         Crisis Management

*         Human Resources

*         Resident Educational Services

*         Student Behavior

Program proposals are due by Friday, April 17, 2015 and can be submitted by
filling out this Google form<http://goo.gl/forms/jzRmX6klwj>. You will be asked
to include a program abstract, description, goals or objectives, and a brief
outline.

The entire Mid-Level Committee thanks you in advance for submitting a program
proposal. Please share this email to anyone who may not have received it
(including our retired SWACUHO members).  In the event you are unsure as to
whether you fall into the Mid-Level category please see your department
leadership for guidance.  Please feel free to send any questions to
swacuhomidlevel@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:swacuhomidlevel@xxxxxxxxx>.

Katy Pelton
Assistant Director for Hall Staff & Academic Initiatives
Department of Residence Life
Sam Houston State University
Member The Texas State University System

936-294-3155

SHSU  '05
www.shsu.edu/reslife<http://www.shsu.edu/reslife>
www.shsu.edu/forward<http://www.shsu.edu/forward>