[SFGS] Fwd: Legacy Webinars

  • From: ludechem@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: gs members sunflower <sunflowergs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2012 17:29:08 +0000 (UTC)

----- Forwarded Message -----

Legacy News

Maxine,

SFGS members might like to attend some of these free webinars run by Legacy.

Buzz

Subject: New - Windows 8 and Legacy, PLUS Irish and Civil War webinars, and
more!

Use our webinar coupon code for 10% off anything at
www.LegacyFamilyTreeStore.com :

war

Valid through Monday, October 29, 2012

Here are the latest articles from Legacy News:

    • Breaking Down Your Irish Brick Wall - free webinar, October 31 by Judy
Wight
    • Windows 8 available Friday, October 26
    • Cruising with Legacy Family Tree in 2013 - free webinar now online
    • Your Civil War Ancestors: Beginning Your Research - free webinar now
online
    • Creating Great Family Photo Gifts with the Flip-Pal mobile scanner
    • New Records Online from FamilySearch - Iowa, England, Italy, Spain, and
Boston Passenger Lists
    • Ten Great Ways to Celebrate Family History Month
    • New! Legacy QuickGuides - 4-sided laminated genealogy guides

New - Windows 8 and Legacy, PLUS Irish and Civil War webinars, and more!
Breaking Down Your Irish Brick Wall - free webinar, October 31 by Judy Wight

WebinarlogoWhere do you turn when you can't find your Irish ancestors in civil
registration, church records or what few censuses survive? Experienced
researchers dive right in to the Irish estate records. There is a surprising
array of material in estate records that can be used to document the tenants
who lived on the estates that covered rural Ireland. In this webinar you will
learn how to identify the estate where your ancestor lived, repositories where
estate records might be found, and what types of...

Read the whole entry »

• Email to a friend •

Windows 8 available Friday, October 26

The major new upgrade from Microsoft, Windows 8, will be available for your
computer or tablet starting Friday, October 26, 2012. While I am usually first
in line to upgrade to the latest and greatest, I may hold off a little while on
this one. But again, I might not.

Windows 8 is so completely different than what we are used to - it does not
even have a Start button anymore. And since it is optimized for computers and
tablets with touch screens, many early testers recommend to stick with...

Read the whole entry »

• Email to a friend •

Cruising with Legacy Family Tree in 2013 - free webinar now online

Map-200If you are considering joining us for our 10th Annual Legacy Genealogy
Cruise in 2013 to the Panama Canal, we invite you to watch the recording of
today's webinar, Cruising with Legacy in 2013. You will learn about:

    • The ship
    • The genealogy classes
    • The ports including the Panama Canal
    • Cruising in general

Christy Downing, our cruise coordinator, also answered lots of questions in the
Q/A session about the upcoming cruise.

To view the webinar, visit...

Read the whole entry »

• Email to a friend •

Your Civil War Ancestors: Beginning Your Research - free webinar now online

The recording of today's terrific webinar, Your Civil War Ancestors: Beginning
Your Research , by Michael Hait, is now available to view in our webinar
archives. As Michael stated, the records of the Civil War are indeed the
greatest record collection for U.S. genealogists!

Here's just a few of the resources Michael talked about:

    • 1890 U.S. Veteran's schedule
    • Tombstones
    • Obituaries
    • Fold3
    • Civil War Soldiers & Sailors System
    • Compiled service records
    • Pension applications

Read the whole entry »

• Email to a friend •

Creating Great Family Photo Gifts with the Flip-Pal mobile scanner

[ Editor’s note : Wondering what to do with all those scanned family photos?
Flip-Pal mobile scanner ambassador Thomas MacEntee shares his ideas to help
spark your creativity this holiday season. Republished with permission. ]

I know what you’re saying…“It’s too early for Christmas!” or “I can’t believe
the holidays are here already!” I often feel the same way around the end of
October and I tend to get cranky when I see television commercials advertising
the holiday...

Read the whole entry »

• Email to a friend •

New Records Online from FamilySearch - Iowa, England, Italy, Spain, and Boston
Passenger Lists

FamilySearch added 2.7 million indexed records and digital images to its
growing collection, with a large portion being added to the Iowa County
Marriages collection. The latest update to the Iowa County collection makes it
86 percent complete. The update includes 637,695 new images of marriage
licenses and 1,623,576 new indexed records. Also of interest are the 198,938
new images and records added to the Dorset, England, Parish Registers
collection and 428,000 Boston passenger lists for 1820...

Read the whole entry »

• Email to a friend •

Ten Great Ways to Celebrate Family History Month

Thanks to our new guest blogger, Lisa A. Alzo, M.F.A., for today's article!

October is National Family History Month ,* and a perfect time to discover your
roots, or catch up on those family history tasks you’ve been meaning to work
on. Although we’re already a couple weeks in, there are still plenty of days
left. Here are ten great ways to celebrate.

1. Trace your family tree. Use the month to build, edit, or update your family
tree. Legacy Family Tree software makes this task...

Read the whole entry »

• Email to a friend •

New! Legacy QuickGuides - 4-sided laminated genealogy guides

We are proud to announce a new addition to our Legacy Family Tree product line:
Legacy QuickGuides ® . Each laminated guide contains four pages of valuable
information covering a variety of genealogy research topics. Legacy QuickGuides
are written by genealogists and family historians who are experts in subject
areas. The first three are now available from our online store .

Q_NEWYORK-2TLegacy QuickGuide: New York Genealogy

In a New York genealogy state of mind? Looking for those elusive Empire
State...

Read the whole entry »

• Email to a friend •

Free shipping on orders of $75 or more

Order online or call 1-800-753-3453 (U.S./Canada) or 623-444-8918 (outside
U.S./Canada).

Click here to safely unsubscribe from "Legacy News." Click here to view mailing
archives , here to change your preferences , or here to subscribe • Privacy

Your requested content delivery powered by FeedBlitz , LLC, 9 Thoreau Way,
Sudbury, MA 01776, USA. +1.978.776.9498