[SS2S-Main] Re: temperature measurement

  • From: Ken Biba <ken@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sugarshot@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2014 14:19:51 -0700

Nev:

Now I'm curious.   I fly the uBlox in large part because its signal processing
seems to do really well for high dynamic flight (and while it has a spec limit
of 50km, the factory says it will report above that altitude, though with
diminished precision).   It does stop reporting above the spec limit of ~515m/s
... though does resume reporting when the speed drops below that.

Many GPS chipsets perform poorly in high dynamic rocket flight ... since the
signal processing is biased to solve the 2D problem with high precision rather
than the fast changing 3D problem.   The uBlox has a specific configuration
parameter to set the movement model ... I don't see that on the MediaTek manual.

Do you configure in default mode?

Ken