[SS2S-Main] Re: temperature controller with arduino

  • From: "Lampe, Mattias SLC CT PEK" <mattias.lampe@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "sugarshot@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <sugarshot@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2014 12:11:52 +0800

I think the plastic is usually PA or PBT for computer fans. The melting point
is closer to 200 degrees, I think.

Not sure if 100c would work since they are mostly plastic, but I do have a
similar sized metal one that is significantly stronger....uses 110v...
Has anyone considered propane? My uncle out in Indiana makes his own
roasters...typically trailer deals for a quarter hog or more...The last one he
made I believe he used the burners from a couple old furnaces...he did manage
to max out what the tank was able to put out...had to turn off one of the
burners to get the pressure back up.
Anyways, just a thought though for all I know the stuff is probably flammable

On Jul 1, 2014 6:37 PM, "Lampe, Mattias SLC CT PEK"
<mattias.lampe@xxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:mattias.lampe@xxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

I had not seen that kind of convection cooker before, but it seems like a very
good idea to me. 1200W seems to be a typical power value, and if that’s not
enough you could just add a second one.

I’d assume it would still make sense to put one or two additional fans inside
the oven to move a bit more air.

Is it safe to assume that 100 degrees (or maybe slightly higher) wouldn’t hurt
a cheap (computer-type) fan?

Mattias