[SS2S-Main] Re: sugarshot Digest V2 #103

  • From: "Cliff Bates" <cliff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sugarshot@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 8 Aug 2015 16:33:34 -0700

I would have to agree with Flint and Richard, Facebook is not my thing
either. To invasive. And I also thought the project was dead. I'm extremely
glad it isn't. I personally like the staging bit, if the FAA will allow it.
The concept is well proven, efficient, and easier.
Reading between the lines of some of the replies, it seems that one thing
that seems important to clarify to those of us outside the current group, is
how much help you guys want ? If any ? The way I get it you would like some,
but not to much.(?) I'd be frank in explaining whatever the project has
evolved to, the needs if any, or if it is a go it alone thing now.
My own thing is, I think an explanation is needed "to all". I put about 3
grand into the SS2S project over the years, plus made some stuff. "Many
others" have done/did the same. The SS2S died, but that's part of the game.
Richard gave it his all for a decade, and I don't blame him for finally burning
out on it. That amount of commitment to an idea is stunning in this day and age.
I personally have no problem with this current evolution, if it is a go it
alone project now. But I think the rest of us need an explanation out of
curiosity for our prior involvement, and of what now is taking place. If it is
a semi go for it alone project now, with donations, then I think there is a
need to unfortunately to take "the time" to explain what in the hell the
projects plan is now, and how you plan to do it. I think most of us are old
enough to handle it without throwing a fit.
Also, it'd be nice to know who is involved now, as it appears to be some
kind of big secret.

Cliff