[SS2S-Main] Re: Sugar Shot to Space Tool Raffle now underway...!

  • From: John Resler <johnmresler@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sugarshot@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2014 06:58:35 -0700

I've already put the announcement up on my Facebook page hoping to help you out. Not saying it will generate much income but I hope it helps... :-)

I think it's time you guys put the rocket into space :-)

- John

On 2/9/2014 9:06 PM, Richard Nakka wrote:
Good question, Jeff, glad you asked. Vicente and I discussed at great length how much the tickets should sell for and whether to limit the amount of tickets sold, as well as an end date.

The tools were donated by EGA Masters and cost us $ nothing. So every penny raised is "profit" for us. EGA Masters, in fact, donated a lot more tools than we we are giving away as prizes at this time....they valued their donation at 5000 Euros, but we think that's a bit inflated :-)

Based on my experience with SS2S fund raising efforts in the past, I suggested that we sell the tickets for $20, and limit the sales to 100. The idea of this strategy is to give the purchases "known" odds of winning...with the intent of increasing ticket sales. Same idea with having a closing date. This way, the raffle participants will know exactly how long they will have to wait before knowing if they've won.

Anyway, this explains our strategy for the Raffle. Perhaps you are right, Jeff, that limiting ticket sales is counter productive. We'll find out in the days to come.

cheers
Richard

On Sun, Feb 9, 2014 at 6:40 PM, Jeff Moore <tnetcenter@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:tnetcenter@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    I think the idea of a fund raising raffle is a great idea!   Just
    one question - Why are we limiting ticket sales to the actual
    value of the prize???  Isn't this a fund raiser,  Not a fund
    replacer??

    Limiting ticket sales seems counter-productive to the idea of a
    fund raiser.

    Jeff Moore

    On Sun, Feb 9, 2014 at 3:25 PM, Richard Nakka
    <richard.rocketry@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:richard.rocketry@xxxxxxxxx>>
    wrote:

        Greetings to all Sugar Shot supporters.

        The long-anticipated fund-raising raffle is now underway. The
        raffle offers 4 prize lots of high-quality hand tools. Each
        lot is of approximately equal value (at least $500 USD each).
        Some nice and useful tools that can surely compliment the
        workshop of any rocketeer, budding rocketeer, or even armchair
        rocketeer.

        Details of the Raffle and links to purchasing tickets are
        provided at the link below:

        http://sugarshot.org/tool-raffle/index.html

        The Raffle contest will run until the end of May when a random
        draw will take place (we'd like to do this live over the
        internet but aren't currently sure how to do this).

        A big thank you goes out to EGA Masters for donating the
        tools, as well as to Vicente Alvero Zambrano for his dedicated
        effort  in arranging for the prizes and organizing the raffle,
        and also to Alex Canela for creating the Raffle web page.

        And remember to visit the page often and follow the progress
        of ticket saies.

        Good luck to everyone who helps support the Raffle and our
        goal of reaching Space of the power of sugar...!

        Richard Nakka