[SS2S-Main] Re: Sugar Shot to Space Tool Raffle now underway...!

  • From: Richard Nakka <richard.rocketry@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sugarshot@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 9 Feb 2014 22:06:05 -0600

Good question, Jeff, glad you asked. Vicente and I discussed at great
length how much the tickets should sell for and whether to limit the amount
of tickets sold, as well as an end date.

The tools were donated by EGA Masters and cost us $ nothing. So every penny
raised is "profit" for us. EGA Masters, in fact, donated a lot more tools
than we we are giving away as prizes at this time....they valued their
donation at 5000 Euros, but we think that's a bit inflated :-)

Based on my experience with SS2S fund raising efforts in the past, I
suggested that we sell the tickets for $20, and limit the sales to 100. The
idea of this strategy is to give the purchases "known" odds of
winning...with the intent of increasing ticket sales. Same idea with having
a closing date. This way, the raffle participants will know exactly how
long they will have to wait before knowing if they've won.

Anyway, this explains our strategy for the Raffle. Perhaps you are right,
Jeff, that limiting ticket sales is counter productive. We'll find out in
the days to come.

cheers
Richard