[SS2S-Main] Re: Sugar Shot to Space Tool Raffle now underway...!

  • From: vicente Alvero Zambrano <vicente_alvero_14@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "sugarshot@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <sugarshot@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2014 01:53:07 +0100

This is a good question. The main purpose of this raffle is to get as much
money as possible. The only problem is that we do not know how many people are
willing to collaborate with us by purchasing a ticket. Which is why we put a
number of 100 tickets. we do not know the reaction of the people against the
raffle. Perhaps ,an option is to study the behavior of the people against the
raffle, and if demand is high, we change the limit to 3 months. Although I do
not know if this will be possible.
Date: Sun, 9 Feb 2014 16:40:54 -0800
Subject: [SS2S-Main] Re: Sugar Shot to Space Tool Raffle now underway...!
From: tnetcenter@xxxxxxxxx
To: sugarshot@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I think the idea of a fund raising raffle is a great idea!   Just one question
- Why are we limiting ticket sales to the actual value of the prize???  Isn't
this a fund raiser,  Not a fund replacer??

Limiting ticket sales seems counter-productive to the idea of a fund raiser.

Jeff Moore

On Sun, Feb 9, 2014 at 3:25 PM, Richard Nakka <richard.rocketry@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Greetings to all Sugar Shot supporters.
The long-anticipated fund-raising raffle is now underway. The raffle offers 4
prize lots of high-quality hand tools. Each lot is of approximately equal value
(at least $500 USD each). Some nice and useful tools that can surely compliment
the workshop of any rocketeer, budding rocketeer, or even armchair rocketeer.

Details of the Raffle and links to purchasing tickets are provided at the link
below:
http://sugarshot.org/tool-raffle/index.html

The Raffle contest will run until the end of May when a random draw will take
place (we'd like to do this live over the internet but aren't currently sure
how to do this).

A big thank you goes out to EGA Masters for donating the tools, as well as to
Vicente Alvero Zambrano for his dedicated effort  in arranging for the prizes
and organizing the raffle, and also to Alex Canela for creating the Raffle web
page.

And remember to visit the page often and follow the progress of ticket saies.
Good luck to everyone who helps support the Raffle and our goal of reaching
Space of the power of sugar...!

Richard Nakka