[SS2S-Main] Re: Sugar Shot booster flight

  • From: waaslandwolf <waaslandwolf@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "sugarshot@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <sugarshot@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Jan 2016 21:10:24 +0100

Good to see progress on the list, keep up the good work!
This
email has been sent from a virus-free computer protected by Avast.
<#DDB4FAA8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

On Mon, Jan 4, 2016 at 3:09 PM, Rick Maschek <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Hi,

Nice way to start New Year, I had enough propellant to fly the booster
solo (we tested motor but never flew) and fly the 2-stage so we decided to
do both.
Booster flight was good but recovery took longer than anticipated because
of distance and our launch window ended before we could reconfigure t
2-stage.

Booster made 15,000', everything recovered intact. Will launch the 2-stage
on the 16th.
We are already starting the 6 inch booster that will be paired up with the
4" booster. That altitude will exceed the FAR limits unless we add
substantial payload.

If we can fly at FAR we will, otherwise it will be done at Delamar in May
or Black Rock in September...hoping for 100,000'

Rick