[SS2S-Main] Re: Sugar Shot Weekly Activity Report -- Feb.17-23, 2014

  • From: Richard Nakka <richard.rocketry@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sugarshot@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2014 12:45:25 -0600

Ok, great, thanks Alberto. And thank you, Dave, for the quick fix.

This is a timely opportunity to remind everyone of our Tool Raffle
fund-raiser. We are nearing the "25 tickets sold" mark. That
represents 1/4 way to our goal, with 3 months remaining in our
campaign. We need to keep up the pace of ticket sales if we wish to
succeed, so expect these "reminders" on a regular basis. But why wait
to be reminded?

Consider these thought provoking questions...

- You agree that sugar propellant, despite being the ultimate
"amateur" propellant, can carry a rocket to Space and as such, one day
can be proudly compared to the "real" stuff (APCP).

- SS2S has struggled at times, but nevertheless, you believe that we
are taking a practical, systematic approach that can succeed in
overcoming obstacles and in eventually achieving our goal.

- You consider technical failure as a "learning experience" and
recognize that rocketry is a highly unforgiving technology.
Conversely, you celebrate technical success (all-right, way to go,
beauty...!)

-You enjoy following the progress of the Sugar Shot to Space program,
even if it is irritatingly slow at times.

-You recognize that Sugar Shot to Space volunteers spend thousands of
unpaid hours contributing to a common goal, simply because they are
passionate about what they are doing and trying to achieve.

- You'd feel disappointed if the Sugar Shot to Space project were to end today.

If you answered "Yes" to one (or more) of these questions, you are a
true-blue Sugar Shot to Space supporter. Now, do you still need to be
reminded or nudged...?

http://sugarshot.org/tool-raffle/index.html
or if you prefer:
http://sugarshot.org/contrib.html