[SS2S-Main] Re: Material for Nozzle fabrication

  • From: "Hayk Azatyan" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "hayk_azatyan@xxxxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: "sugarshot@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <sugarshot@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 May 2014 02:49:40 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks for your input Jeff. Where do you recommend I buy graphite from?
On Monday, May 5, 2014 4:58 PM, Jeff Moore <tnetcenter@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Graphite would probably be the most affordable of materials to use.  We had a
machinist in our local group at one point and he made a titanium nozzle as a
proof of concept.  That would more than likely be rather pricey for this
project ( his was for a 54mm motor).

Aluminum is a good material to practice on or do mockups with, but I suspect
that it's melting point is way too low to be used as the actual nozzle.  It
might work as a carrier for a graphite or ceramic insert though.

Jeff Moore
Bend, Oregon

Hello all,