[SS2S-Main] Re: Material for Nozzle fabrication

  • From: "Hayk Azatyan" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "hayk_azatyan@xxxxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: "sugarshot@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <sugarshot@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 May 2014 02:48:40 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks for your input Peter. Where do you recommend I should buy graphite from?
On Monday, May 5, 2014 6:31 PM, Peter Johansson <rockets4kids@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Note that there are *many* different varieties of steel, some of which
are *far* more machinable than others.  Although steel works well for
sugar motor nozzles, it is not suitable for APCP and steel nozzles are
not permitted at Tripoli launches.

Graphite is actually a wonderful material to learn machining on.  A
lot of people complain about the dust, but with an apron on your bed
and a fixture to hold a shop vac near the cutting tool it really is no
problem at all.

-p.