[SS2S-Main] Re: Material for Nozzle fabrication

  • From: Peter Johansson <rockets4kids@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sugarshot@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 5 May 2014 21:30:54 -0400

Note that there are *many* different varieties of steel, some of which
are *far* more machinable than others.  Although steel works well for
sugar motor nozzles, it is not suitable for APCP and steel nozzles are
not permitted at Tripoli launches.

Graphite is actually a wonderful material to learn machining on.  A
lot of people complain about the dust, but with an apron on your bed
and a fixture to hold a shop vac near the cutting tool it really is no
problem at all.

-p.