[SS2S-Main] Re: Material for Nozzle fabrication

  • From: tnetcenter at hotmail dot com <tnetcenter@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "sugarshot@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <sugarshot@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 May 2014 09:01:28 -0700

I'd check on eBay and Google for suppliers.

Jeff Moore

Date: Tue, 6 May 2014 02:49:40 -0700
From: dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [SS2S-Main] Re: Material for Nozzle fabrication
To: sugarshot@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks for your input Jeff. Where do you recommend I buy graphite from?     On
Monday, May 5, 2014 4:58 PM, Jeff Moore <tnetcenter@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
    Graphite would probably be the most affordable of materials to use.  We had
a machinist in our local group at one point and he made a titanium nozzle as a
proof of
 concept.  That would more than likely be rather pricey for this project ( his
was for a 54mm motor).
Aluminum is a good material to practice on or do mockups with, but I suspect
that it's melting point is way too low to be used as the actual nozzle.  It
might work as a carrier for a graphite or ceramic insert though.
Jeff Moore Bend, Oregon