[SS2S-Main] Re: Material for Nozzle fabrication

  • From: Vicente Alvero Zambrano <vicente_alvero_14@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "sugarshot@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <sugarshot@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 May 2014 17:24:40 +0200

Hi Hayk,
If you use graphite for the the nozzle, Can save the resulting powder,  to use
it in our experiments?
CheersVicente Alvero
Date: Tue, 6 May 2014 06:13:59 -0700
From: dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [SS2S-Main] Re: Material for Nozzle fabrication
To: sugarshot@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thank you all for the good advise. I will let you now how it all goes.
-Hayk     On Tuesday, May 6, 2014 4:00 AM, "dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx"
<dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
    Strangely enough, the mid-grade (medium-grained) graphite tends to do the
job better than the high-end, fine-grained material.  Less erosion, perhaps due
to larger grains interlocking better and being ablated more slowly.  And of
course, less expensive.

Graphite's definitely the way to go, but you don't want conductive, fine dust
getting into any electronics (such as a benchtop mini-lathe) so try to capture
the dust at its source.

 Cheers,
Mark L.