[SS2S-Main] Re: Material for Nozzle fabrication

  • From: Jeff Moore <tnetcenter@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: SS2S List <sugarshot@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 May 2014 16:58:10 -0700

Graphite would probably be the most affordable of materials to use.  We had
a machinist in our local group at one point and he made a titanium nozzle
as a proof of concept.  That would more than likely be rather pricey for
this project ( his was for a 54mm motor).

Aluminum is a good material to practice on or do mockups with, but I
suspect that it's melting point is way too low to be used as the actual
nozzle.  It might work as a carrier for a graphite or ceramic insert though.

Jeff Moore
Bend, Oregon