[SS2S-Main] Material for Nozzle fabrication

  • From: "Hayk Azatyan" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "hayk_azatyan@xxxxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: SUGAR SHOT TO SPACE LIST <sugarshot@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 May 2014 16:10:33 -0700 (PDT)

Hello all,

Would you all happen to know where I can get my hands on some scrap circular
steel bars for rocket nozzle fabrication?And if you have any suggestions on the
material I should use please let me know. I have already started using the
lathe, and currently I am machining a nozzle out of aluminum. Although I will
not be using this particular nozzle for flight I figured I should practice
making one out of some scrap metal that I found(in this case aluminium). I know
that you guys make some of your nozzles out of graphite, but for now I am
learning to machine metal nozzles just for educational purposes.

Thank you guys!

-Hayk Azatyan