[SS2S-Main] Linux CNC

  • From: vicente Alvero Zambrano <vicente_alvero_14@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "sugarshot@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <sugarshot@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2014 23:53:09 +0100

Hi friends,lately I am (among other projects) investigating the possibility of
creating a filament winding machine for the construction of our carbon fiber
tubes. This machine has a CNC system. This machine will be operated by the
Linux CNC software. I ask for help, to make use of your experience. I found two
internet providers complete kits. The first gives me this: 380 €, shipping
included.2 PCS Nema 34 Stepper Motor with 1600oz-in holding torque on
85BYGH450C-012, 2 PCS Stepper Driver with 8.2A DQ860MA 2 PC  Power Supply for
350W,60VDC, 1 PC Breakout Board DB25The second gives me this: 205 € and in the
absence of knowing the price of shipping.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-Axis-Nema-34-Step-Motor-1600oz-in-CNC-Control-Mill-/180656961021The
 first is from Spain (I'm from Spain) and the second is from China. The
shipping cost of the second provider will be above 100 € (need confirmation).
Which of the two recommend?Regarding the software, I do not know how to use. I
will start to study once the machine is in the process of manufacture. But is
there any volunteer who can offer online help, and even make some program?
Cheers