[SS2S-Main] Re: Launch controller

  • From: Ken Biba <ken@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "sugarshot@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <sugarshot@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2014 17:46:38 -0700

It is early enough and open enough that we can easily customize.   Nice thing
about Arduino.

It WILL take some work to complete ... mostly software .. the hardware is
essentially done though the continuity circuitry could use other, more
talented, eyes than mine to review.

The skill sets to complete are really some web programming ... it is really
designed for JavaScript/REST interface to a browser .. and I could use some
help on that.   And some hardware design for the continuity circuitry (simple
circuitry on the proto breadboard sourcing low current from the Arduino ports
for continuity testing).

The ports are each Anderson PowerPole connectors ... one for the 12v in and
four for the 12V out.

But the good news is that is really open source and off the shelf hardware ...
easy to extend and not particularly expensive - under $200 for four ports.

With the right WiFi network ... we can get distances up to a few kilometers for
control.

I will get some notes out and some pics to this list.

Ken Biba