[SS2S-Main] Re: Launch controller

  • From: vicente Alvero Zambrano <vicente_alvero_14@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "sugarshot@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <sugarshot@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2014 00:39:04 +0100

perfect. send me photos if you can. What distance of separation can have?, Does
buzzer?

From: ken@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [SS2S-Main] Re: Launch controller
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2014 16:10:32 -0700
To: sugarshot@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Not entirely sure what you mean by two phases ... I presume two ignition events
separated closely in time?
The timing of the launch events is purely defined in Arduino code (that is
largely incomplete ... hence my desire for collaboration).
I can send pics of the hardware later tonight when I get home ... but it is
basically an Arduino Yun (which is an Arduino Uno+a Linux based WiFi chipset -
both the Arduino and the Linux processor are programmable). with a four port
relay board, and a proto board.   It is of course over designed since it has
temperature and GPS sensors ... kinda just because.
The four relay ports are software controlled by the Arduino code and can create
whatever timing makes sense.
Fits in a plastic case about 8"x5"x5".

Ken Biba

On Mar 25, 2014, at 4:01 PM, vicente Alvero Zambrano

Does it the ability to launch two phases?, Do you have any pic?

From: ken@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2014 15:56:59 -0700
To: sugarshot@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I have been prototyping a new wireless launch controller that uses WiFi to
connect to the controller, uses an Arduino Yun as the control processor, a
standard browser interface on a tablet for the UI and has four events (either
pads or events).   Powered by a 12V external battery.
I would be delighted is this were interesting for folks to help build and use
for this project.
It would also be used on our UberLauncher (30' rail) at Black Rock for our
30-50 km ARLISS Xtreme flights.

Ken Biba

On Mar 25, 2014, at 3:34 PM, vicente Alvero Zambrano
<vicente_alvero_14@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi followers of sugar shot to space project Is there any volunteer who is
interested in designing and building a launch controller for the VIC-3
two-stage rocket? Thanks in advance