[SS2S-Main] Re: Infrared webcam

  • From: James Fackert <jimfackert@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sUGAR sHOT TO SPACE LIST <sugarshot@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 4 May 2014 08:10:02 -0400

infrared mapping cameras are getting down in the $1500 range these days...
and there are some interesting low res (4x4?) infrared detectors that
should make for interesting products.
google infrared flashlight for an interesting technique using a single
narrow field IR temp detector and a spot light to paint the scene... but
nobody has rigged it to a scanner yet. ;-)
time delay (speed of response) may be an issue... they are mostly used to
view steady state situations like home thermal loss or electric panel
overheating checks.