[SS2S-Main] Re: Infrared webcam

  • From: Peter Johansson <rockets4kids@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sugarshot@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 18 May 2014 08:16:21 -0400

On Sun, May 18, 2014 at 2:52 AM, Lampe, Mattias SLC CT PEK
<mattias.lampe@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I suppose there are probably many ways of doing it. I used GIMP [ ... ]
>
> It shouldn’t be too hard to even apply this kind of operation “on the fly”,
> in real-time when recording the video, but that probably requires a bit of
> programming.

Although perhaps less than you might think.  There is a really great
library of image processing tools called Netpbm that has been around
for ages.  http://netpbm.sourceforge.net/

You should be able to find an API for most scripting tools so you
should only have to write the glue logic.

-p.